Equality & Diversity (Wales) Course
There is no place for discrimination in social care. Diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination are all a key part of health and social care work.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of what this means in practice. It is important for you to be an advocate of equality and diversity and promote them during your work and home life.
This online course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate or the All Wales Induction Framework (AWIF).
Who should take this online course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about equality and diversity.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- Explain what is meant by diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Describe ways in which discrimination may deliberately or inadvertently occur at work
- Explain how practices that support equality and inclusion reduce discrimination
- Identify which legislation and codes of practice apply to your role
- Demonstrate interaction that respects individuals' beliefs, culture, values & preferences
- Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that encourages positive change
- Identify a range of sources of information, advice and support
- Describe how and when to access information, advice and support
- Explain who to ask for support and advice
Aims of the online Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Identify how discrimination takes places
- Advocate against discrimination and for inclusion
- Reduce the risk of discrimination in your role
- Take appropriate action to prevent discrimination and promote inclusion
- Understand the importance of beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- Identify relevant legislation
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Privacy and Dignity in Care Online Training Course The little things you do can make big days for the people you support….
Person-centred Care Online Training Course As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals…
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences