Epilepsy Awareness Course
This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at the different types of seizure, how they are diagnosed as well as some of the treatments available.
The course has essential first aid guidance to support a person having a seizure caused by epilepsy. We cover care planning, risk management & case studies and provide further guidance.
Who should take this epilepsy online course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about epilepsy.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Epilepsy Course Learning
- What is epilepsy?
- What causes epilepsy?
- Diagnosing epilepsy
- Types of epileptic seizures
- Triggers for seizures
- Seizure management
- Status Epilepticus
- Sudden Unexpected Death in epilepsy
- Epilepsy Care planning, risk assessment and case studies
- Further resources
One of our customers who has Epilepsy recently completed this online course and was kind enough to share their feedback:
I have Epilepsy and I deliver training internally. The course on Click is one of the best I have seen. I also really like that GML have included the psychological impact of Epilepsy as not many providers do.
Aims of the Epilepsy Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will be able to:
- Describe what epilepsy is.
- Give examples of the possible causes of epilepsy.
- Have a basic understanding of how epilepsy is diagnosed.
- Outline the differences between some of the seizures experienced in epilepsy.
- List the treatments for epilepsy.
- Explain how to give First Aid to a person who is having a seizure caused by epilepsy.
- Understand the importance of effective risk assessment, care planning and documentation in the care and support of someone with epilepsy.
- Know where to get further information and support.
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences