Engage in Professional Development in Residential Childcare
In this online course we will be looking at your responsibility to engage in professional development and how your employer will support you.
The training also covers how standards are measured, how you ensure learning activities lead to development and the importance of reflective practice.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about professional development when working with children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Explain the duties, responsibilities and boundaries of own job role
- 1.2 Explain expectations about own job role as expressed in relevant standards
- 1.3 Explain the importance of own resilience, maturity and emotional intelligence
- 1.4 Ensure that personal attitudes or beliefs do not obstruct the expected standard of work
- 2.1 Explain the cyclical process of reflection
- 2.2 Importance of reflective practice in continuously improving own practice and the service
- 2.3 Reflect on own practice
- 2.4 Reflect on how work demands have impacted on self
- 3.1 Evaluate own knowledge and understanding against relevant standards
- 3.2 Obtain feedback on the impact of own actions and interactions
- 3.3 Evaluate own performance using feedback
- 4.1 Participate in supervision in accordance with requirements in the workplace
- 4.2 Use supervision to review and prioritise
- 4.3 Use supervision to agree own professional development plan
- 5.1 Use reflective practice to evaluate how learning activities have affected practice
- 5.2 Demonstrate how reflective practice has contributed to improved ways of working
- 5.3 Record progress in relation to professional development
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand what is required for competence in own job role in a residential childcare setting
- Be able to reflect on own practice
- Be able to evaluate own performance
- Be able to engage with professional supervision to plan and review own development
- Be able to use reflective practice to contribute to professional development
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences