End of Life Care
Have you experienced the death of another person? If you haven't, you will. We will all die one day and we will all experience the death of another person at some point in our lives. In social care, we often work with people with medical conditions and ill-health. People are not generally comfortable talking about death but it is something that you need to prepare for in your work. Much of what we will cover in this course will also be relevant to you personally.
The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support people to have a good death experience. This course will enable you to better manage working with people who need end of life care. If you are currently experiencing grief or someone close to you is terminally ill, you may need to seek support as you work your way through this course.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about caring for people nearing the end of their lives.
- What is end of life care?
- Legislation relating to end of life care
- Common Core Principles
- 7 Stages of grief in terminal illness
- Supporting people with their thoughts and feelings
- The importance of beliefs, religion and culture
- Promoting choice and control
- Roles of key people
- Advanced Care Planning and Advance Decisions
- Maintaining comfort and wellbeing
- Signs of death
- What happens after a person dies
- Managing your own feelings and getting help
Aims of the Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand what is involved in end of life care
- Know how to support people nearing the end of their lives
- Understand what happens to the body as and when people die
- Understand how to communicate sensitively
- Know about planning for death and the conflict that may arise
- Identify the stages of grief
- Know how to support yourself and others with grief
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Oral Health Care The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals with their general health,…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences