End of Life Care Online Training Course
Have you experienced the death of another person? If you haven't, you will. We will all die one day and we will all experience the death of another person at some point in our lives. In social care, we often work with people with medical conditions and ill-health. People are not generally comfortable talking about death but it is something that you need to prepare for in your work. Much of what we will cover in this course will also be relevant to you personally.
The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support people to have a good death experience. This online course will enable you to better manage working with people who need end of life care. If you are currently experiencing grief or someone close to you is terminally ill, you may need to seek support as you work your way through this online course.
Who should take this End of Life Care online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about caring for people nearing the end of their lives.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
End of Life Care Online Training Course Content
- What is end of life care?
- Legislation relating to end of life care
- Common Core Principles
- 7 Stages of grief in terminal illness
- Supporting people with their thoughts and feelings
- The importance of beliefs, religion and culture
- Promoting choice and control
- Roles of key people
- Advanced Care Planning and Advance Decisions
- Maintaining comfort and wellbeing
- Signs of death
- What happens after a person dies
- Managing your own feelings and getting help
Aims of the End of Life Care Training Course
At the end of this online training course you will:
- Understand what is involved in end of life care
- Know how to support people nearing the end of their lives
- Understand what happens to the body as and when people die
- Understand how to communicate sensitively
- Know about planning for death and the conflict that may arise
- Identify the stages of grief
- Know how to support yourself and others with grief
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
This course is brilliant! Course Feedback Form
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Free Stress and Resilience Training Course Life can be stressful. Work can be stressful. Having to do another eLearning training can be…
Coaching, Mentoring and Challenging Conversations Online Training Course Coaching and mentoring are terms that are often used interchangeably but they are different….
FREE Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Essentials Online Training Course This online training course impacts on your day-to-day interactions with people you…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences