Promote Effective Communication in Residential Childcare Training Course
In this online course, we will be looking at why we communicate, what the barriers are and how we can reduce them. We will also be looking at how we can support a child or young person to access services which could assist with any communication difficulties.
The ability to reflect on our own practice is crucial in how we learn and develop, therefore we will also be looking at the benefits of this and how we adopt or improve this practice. Finally, we will look at the importance of confidentiality and how we can keep any information we hold about people safe.
Who should take this Effective Communication online training course?
This online course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus for residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supporting and communicating with children and young people. The course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Effective Communication Online Training Course Content
- 1.1 Explain the reasons why people communicate
- 1.2 Describe factors to consider for effective communication
- 1.3 Analyse reasons why in a particular situation a child or young person may be unable to use verbal communication
- 1.4 Explain how communication affects relationships and effective practice in own work
- 2.1 Establish the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of a child or young person
- 2.2 Use communication methods and aids to meet individual needs of children and young people
- 2.3 Explain how children and young people use communication methods in different ways
- 2.4 Respond to children or young people’s reactions whilst communicating with them
- 3.1 Describe barriers to communication and their impact
- 3.2 Reduce barriers to communication
- 3.3 Adapt communication to resolve misunderstandings
- 3.4 Explain how to access support or services to enable a child or young person to communicate effectively
- 4.1 Use verbal and non-verbal communication skills to de-escalate a situation of tension or conflict
- 4.2 Use reflective practice to review the impact of own communication in situations of tension or conflict
- 5.1 Explain the term "confidentiality"
- 5.2 Explain the conflict between maintaining confidentiality and disclosing concerns
- 5.3 Explain the boundaries of own role and responsibilities in relation to confidentiality and disclosure
- 6.1 Contribute to the implementation of organisational processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information
- 6.2 Apply confidentiality in day to day communication, in line with policies and procedures
- 6.3 Maintain data in line with policies and procedures that underpin integrated and multi-agency working
Aims of the Effective Communication training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand effective communication in the work setting
- Be able to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individual children and young people
- Be able to reduce barriers to communication in residential childcare settings
- Be able to use communication skills to de-escalate situations of tension or conflict
- Understand principles and practices relating to confidentiality in own work
- Be able to implement organisational processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…