Eating and Drinking Support Training Course
We all have different needs, wishes and desires. One thing for sure is that we all need to eat and drink the right things to maximise our health and wellbeing. For some of the people we support, eating and drinking can present huge challenges and choking risks. People who are unwell and have medical conditions can sometimes struggle to eat and drink properly. Some people may struggle to feed themselves and need support. Too often, people do not understand the implications of poor nutrition and hydration or the importance of the nutrients our bodies need.
This online training course will look at the challenges people experience in eating and drinking and how to overcome them. We look at how care workers can appropriately provide support prioritising individual's wishes, needs and dignity.
Who should take this online Eating and Drinking Support training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Eating and Drinking Support.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Eating and Drinking Support Online Training Course Content
- Food and drink choices
- Hygiene and PPE
- Preparing for eating and drinking
- Challenges people experience with eating and drinking
- Consuming the right amounts
- Promoting dignity, comfort and enjoyment
- After eating and drinking
- Monitoring and recording
Aims of the Eating and Drinking Support Training Course
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Support and encourage individuals to make good choices about food and drink
- Resolving difficulties and dilemmas about food and drink choices
- Providing practical support for eating and drinking
- Identifying suitable utensils to assist individuals
- Encouraging active participation
- How to monitor eating and drinking
- Identify tools like MUST and food charts
- Identify when to report concerns
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Free Stress and Resilience Training Course Life can be stressful. Work can be stressful. Having to do another eLearning training can be…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences