FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course
In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published updated guidance for providers about the duty of candour. The duty of candour places a legal requirement for certain steps to be taken if something happens to a person you are supporting that causes them moderate or severe harm.
This online training course will help you to understand these definitions and what you need to do to comply with the duty of candour legislation, including the recent CQC updates. It is suitable for people working at any level in social care.
Who should take this Duty of Candour online training course?
This online training course is suitable for a wide range of care staff and managers.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Duty of Candour FREE Online Training Course Content
- What is duty of candour?
- Why did duty of candour come into effect?
- Statutory and professional duties of candour
- Notifiable safety incidents
- Definitions of harm
- Identifying notifiable safety incidents
- What you must do if you discover a notifiable safety incident?
- Regulation 20
Aims of the Duty of Candour Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand what the duty of candour is and why it is important
- Understand notifiable safety incidents and where to get more information
- Identify the levels of harm and understand the definitions
- Identify when a notifiable safety incident has occurred and when the regulation applies
- Know what to do if a notifiable safety incident has occurred and follow best practice
- Encourage a learning culture and the need to learn from incidents
- Understand the importance of evidence and records
Unlimited Access Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs - ALL plans include ALL courses, including the Care Certificate. If you need more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care…