Diabetes Essentials Online Training Course
Diabetes is serious. It can be life-threatening, however, people with diabetes can live long, healthy lives if their condition is kept well-controlled.
In this training course, we explain what diabetes is and what to look out for. We cover how it is diagnosed and how to provide care and support to a person living with diabetes.
There are also links to other resources and organisations providing support and further information.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this Diabetes online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about diabetes.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Diabetes Essentials Online Training Course Content
- What is diabetes
- The impact of diabetes on health and social care services
- Different types of diabetes
- Hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia and symptoms
- Diagnosing diabetes
- Treating diabetes and providing services
- Managing diabetes
- Healthy eating
- More about footcare
- Complications of diabetes
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Diabetes Essentials Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand what diabetes is and who is at greater risk
- Identify the extent and impact of diabetes in the UK and wider
- Understand the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Differentiate between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia
- Know how diabetes is diagnosed
- Understand the importance of blood sugar levels
- Identify how to provide care and support to people with diabetes
- Understand the importance of foot care and how to check for issues
- Know more about healthy eating and its impact on people with diabetes
- Identify the complications associated with diabetes
- Seek further help and guidance
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
“A great course. Really useful for anyone to use, not just those in care. So much useful information and detail."
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences