Dementia Awareness Online Training Course
People with dementia are still people. They have stories and character. They are all unique individuals. In this online course, we look at how you can support people to live well with dementia including how to provide support in the later stages. We will explain what dementia is and give you key facts about dementia in the UK today.
We look at the 5 main types of dementia and acknowledge young onset dementia. We will identify the symptoms and stages of dementia and what happens during diagnosis so that people know what to do if they have concerns about a person who has not been diagnosed.
We will look at providing care and support, communication techniques and information about how people can live well with dementia as well as links to organisations and resources where you can get more information. There are links throughout the training and some great videos where you can undertake further learning.
Who should take this Dementia Awareness online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Dementia Awareness.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Dementia Awareness Online Training Course Content
- What is dementia?
- Key facts about dementia
- Types of dementia
- Young onset dementia
- Symptoms of dementia
- Stages of dementia
- Diagnosing dementia
- Providing care and support for people with dementia
- Communicating with people with dementia
- Living well with dementia
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Dementia Awareness Online Training Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand what dementia is and the different types that exist
- Understand the context of dementia in the UK
- Know how you can support people to live well with dementia
- Understand the symptoms and different stages of dementia
- Know how to provide support in the later stages
- Understand how dementia is diagnosed
- Know how to communicate with people with dementia
- Identify resources and sources of further information
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time >
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages >
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care >
- Join thousands of services and local authorities >
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings >
- Established 14 years - we know what works >
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification >