COSHH - Substances Hazardous to Health Online Training Course
Many of you won't be excited by the thought of doing an online course about hazardous substances. "How boring!" we hear you say. So why have you got to do it then?
We think you'll be quite surprised to find out how many hazardous substances are around you every day and how much harm they can cause. This course will look at your responsibilities at work and what you can do to keep yourself and the people around you safe. Join us on a thrilling adventure into the world of COSHH. Alright, that might be a tiny exaggeration but we've done our very best to make it interesting.
This training course provides information for employees and employers about working with COSHH with a focus on health and social care work environments.
Who should take this COSHH online training course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about COSHH, including managers.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
COSHH Online Training Course Content
- What are substances hazardous to health?
- What harm can hazardous substances do?
- Awareness of the legislation
- 8 Steps to working with COSHH
- Identifying hazard symbols
- Assessing risk
- Controlling risk
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the COSHH Online Training Course
At the end of this online training you will be able to:
- Identify everyday hazardous products
- Give examples of the harm that hazardous substances can do
- Identify the hazard symbols
- Understand the importance of risk assessment
- Explain how risk is controlled and put this into practice
- Have a basic understanding of COSHH legislation
- Know where to get further information and support
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences