COSHH - substances hazardous to health
Many of you won't be excited by the thought of doing a course about hazardous substances. "How boring!" we hear you say. So why have you got to do it then?
We think you'll be quite surprised to find out how many hazardous substances are around you every day and how much harm they can cause. This course will look at your responsibilities at work and what you can do to keep yourself and the people around you safe. Join us on a thrilling adventure into the world of COSHH. Alright, that might be a tiny exaggeration but we've done our very best to make it interesting.
This course provides information for employees and employers about working with COSHH with a focus on health and social care work environments.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about COSHH, including managers.
- What are substances hazardous to health?
- What harm can hazardous substances do?
- Awareness of the legislation
- 8 Steps to working with COSHH
- Identifying hazard symbols
- Assessing risk
- Controlling risk
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Course
At the end of this learning you will be able to:
- Identify everyday hazardous products
- Give examples of the harm that hazardous substances can do
- Identify the hazard symbols
- Understand the importance of risk assessment
- Explain how risk is controlled and put this into practice
- Have a basic understanding of COSHH legislation
- Know where to get further information and support
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Oral Health Care The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals with their general health,…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences