FREE Continence Management Online Training Course
Hands up if you have ever had an incident with your bladder or bowels? A water leak in the supermarket or an uncomfortable bottom moment in a DIY store? Yep, me too! Most of us have an embarrassing or funny story about an occasional accident where we got caught short but, while we jest, there is a very serious side to managing continence.
Whilst the odd incident may cause amusement for some of us, imagine experiencing this every day or even every few hours. Living with incontinence, whether short term or permanently, is actually no fun at all. Whilst it is not always a life-threatening condition, it can have a serious impact on a person’s quality of life.
In this free online training course, we explain what healthy habits look like and what issues to look out for. We will also provide practical guidance on how to support individuals to manage incontinence. Are you ready for some anatomy?
Who should take this Continence Management online training course?
This free online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about managing continence.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
FREE Continence Management Online Training Course Content
- What is continence?
- Bladder and bowel health and functions
- How continence difficulties can affect an individual
- Interventions and treatments
- Continence aids and equipment
- Supporting individuals to manage continence
- Promoting active participation, dignity and privacy
- Hygiene and safety
- Challenges and risks
- Monitoring and reporting
Aims of the Continence Management Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand different types of incontinence and common causes
- Know how the bladder and bowel work
- Understand the extent and seriousness of continence
- Support individuals with continence management
- Support individuals with active participation, dignity and privacy
- Identify the types of interventions and treatments available
- Identify types of equipment available to support continence
- Know what to do if you are concerned about an individual’s continence
- Identify key hygiene and safety considerations relating to continence
- Identify the challenges and risks for people receiving care and support
- Understand monitoring and reporting
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
"This is a very comprehensive course. It would also be good for nurses to cover this as a refresher."
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care…