Understand Residential Childcare for Children & Young People with Complex Disabilities or Conditions
In this online course we will look at how complex disabilities or conditions affect children and young people.
Complex disabilities and conditions may include (but are not confined to) profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, physical impairments and multi-sensory impairments.
We will also look at the role residential care plays in the lives of children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supporting children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Describe the causes and effects of complex disabilities and conditions
- 1.2 Typical impacts of complex disabilities and conditions on children and young people
- 2.1 Impact of having a child with a complex disability or condition on families' lives
- 2.2 Describe how and why the impact of a child’s disability or condition may change over time
- 2.3 How theories of loss and grief relate to the families of children with complexities
- 2.4 How early intervention helps the families of CYP with complex disabilities or conditions
- 3.1 Types of residential care for CYP with complex disabilities or conditions
- 3.2 How different types of residential childcare seek to work in partnership with families
- 3.3 How residential childcare services work with other agencies and professionals
- 3.4 Aims and objectives of a residential childcare service and what it seeks to achieve for CYP
- 4.1 Legal entitlements to equality of treatment for CYP with complexities
- 4.2 Explain the importance of the child-led model of provision
- 4.3 Analyse how the social model and medical model of disability affect provision
- 4.4 How different cultural views of disability can impact in practice
- 5.1 The importance of maximising active participation of CYP with complexities
- 5.2 Ways in which CYP with complexities can be encouraged in daily activities
- 5.3 How CYP with complexities can be encouraged to contribute to shaping future services
- 5.4 Types of support used to enable CYP to express their views, preferences and aspirations
- 5.5 Ways to engage with CYP with complexities focusing on their individual strengths and needs
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the nature of complex disabilities and conditions and their impact on children and young people
- Understand the impact on families of having a child with a complex disability or condition
- Understand residential services for children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions
- Understand principles for working with children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions
- Understand how to support the participation of children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…