Buccal Midazolam Administration Online Training Course
This online training course has been written by a specialist nurse following the Epilepsy Nurses Association (ESNA) best practice guidelines for training professional carers in the administration of buccal (oromucosal) midazolam. These are big and complex words and we will start with understanding what they mean.
If you are planning to take this online course, we recommend that you take our "Epilepsy Awareness" training course first. If you feel you have plenty of epilepsy knowledge, you could just take the assessment to check and see if there are any areas you need to refresh on.
Who should take this Buccal Midazolam online training course?
This training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of those who support people with epilepsy and would like to know more about the administration of buccal midazolam.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Buccal Midazolam Online Training Course Content
- What is buccal midazolam
- Appropriate doses
- Benefits of using buccal midazolam
- Respiratory depression
- Possible difficulties in administration
- Potential side effects
- Seizure Care Plan
- Secure storage and safe disposal
- Duty of Care
- Practical instructions for giving buccal midazolam
- When to seek medical help
- Potential for mis-use
Aims of the Buccal Midazolam Administration training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand what buccal midazolam is
- Understand the potential for misuse
- Know the potential side effects
- Know what actions to take if buccal midazolam is ineffective
- Recognise the signs of respiratory depression
- Know how to use the Seizure Care Plan
- Know when to seek medical help
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
I found some of the questions very interesting, covered topics that have never been discussed before in training. They made me think and question myself, excellent course.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…