Buccal Midazolam Administration
This course has been written by a specialist nurse following the Epilepsy Nurses Association (ESNA) best practice guidelines for training professional carers in the administration of buccal (oromucosal) midazolam. These are big and complex words and we will start with understanding what they mean.
If you are planning to take this course, we recommend that you take our "Epilepsy Awareness" course first. If you feel you have plenty of epilepsy knowledge, you could just take the assessment to check and see if there are any areas you need to refresh on.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of those who support people with epilepsy and would like to know more about the administration of buccal midazolam.
- What is buccal midazolam
- Appropriate doses
- Benefits of using buccal midazolam
- Respiratory depression
- Possible difficulties in administration
- Potential side effects
- Seizure Care Plan
- Secure storage and safe disposal
- Duty of Care
- Practical instructions for giving buccal midazolam
- When to seek medical help
- Potential for mis-use
Aims of the course
By the end of the eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand what buccal midazolam is
- Understand the potential for misuse
- Know the potential side effects
- Know what actions to take if buccal midazolam is ineffective
- Recognise the signs of respiratory depression
- Know how to use the Seizure Care Plan
- Know when to seek medical help
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
PPE (COVID-19) Essentials PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and social care PPE…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection We want what you want – for every care worker…