Assistive Technology Online Training Course
This online training course has been designed to provide people with an awareness and basic understanding about the Assistive Technology (AT) available to support adults who have memory loss or cognitive difficulties. It is about supporting people to stay safe and independent.
The training course covers a range of AT available, the purpose and effectiveness of AT, as well as how AT can have a positive impact on the well-being and quality of life of individuals and their carers. It explains how to access specialist information, assessment and support in relation to AT.
Who should take this Assistive Technology online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Assistive Technology (AT). This course was developed in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Assistive Technology Training Course Content
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Stand-alone Assistive Technology
- Activity monitoring assessment systems
- Mobile Applications (APPs)
- Managing memory difficulties
- Summoning help in an emergency
- Managing the risk of falls
- Managing the risks around purposeful walking
- Determining the level of care needed
- Managing home safety
- When might Assistive Technology not be a suitable choice?
Aims of the Assistive Technology Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand what Assistive Technology (AT) is and the range of AT available
- Understand the purpose and effectiveness of different types of AT
- Identify how AT can have a positive impact on wellbeing and quality of life
- Know where to access specialist AT information, assessment and support
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences