This course has been designed to provide people with an awareness and basic understanding about the Assistive Technology (AT) available to support adults who have memory loss or cognitive difficulties. It is about supporting people to stay safe and independent.
The course covers a range of AT available, the purpose and effectiveness of AT, as well as how AT can have a positive impact on the well-being and quality of life of individuals and their carers. It explains how to access specialist information, assessment and support in relation to AT.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Assistive Technology (AT). This course was developed in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Stand-alone Assistive Technology
- Activity monitoring assessment systems
- Mobile Applications (APPs)
- Managing memory difficulties
- Summoning help in an emergency
- Managing the risk of falls
- Managing the risks around purposeful walking
- Determining the level of care needed
- Managing home safety
- When might Assistive Technology not be a suitable choice?
Aims of the course
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what Assistive Technology (AT) is and the range of AT available
- Understand the purpose and effectiveness of different types of AT
- Identify how AT can have a positive impact on wellbeing and quality of life
- Know where to access specialist AT information, assessment and support
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
“Just to say the information was clear and concise and just the right amount, the flipping of the pictures was a great way of reinforcing the information. Keep up the good work”
“Great course - informative and easy to follow”
“Fantastic course,more knowledge learnt”
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
Epilepsy Awareness This course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at the different types of…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection We want what you want – for every care worker…