This course will support you to meet the diverse social and emotional needs of the people you work with through planned activities.
It is a varied course with lots of practical information about different approaches covering individual and group activities.
We are confident the wellbeing of the people you support will benefit from these great ideas. We hope you will have lots of fun putting them into place.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about providing activities in a social care setting.
- Expressive arts
- Life story work
- Daily living skills
- Movement and exercise
Aims of the course
By the end of the course, you will:
- Identify a range of different activities
- Understand the positive impact that activities have on wellbeing
- Know how to set up and manage activities in your work setting
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments
- Know how to take individuals’ needs and preferences into account
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
“Just to say the information was clear and concise and just the right amount, the flipping of the pictures was a great way of reinforcing the information. Keep up the good work”
“Great course - informative and easy to follow”
“Fantastic course,more knowledge learnt”
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
PPE (COVID-19) Essentials PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and social care PPE…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection We want what you want – for every care worker…