Support Children & Young People to Achieve their Learning Potential
In this online course, we will look at the different theories about how children learn as well as the factors which may make it difficult for some children and young people to engage in learning and education.
We look at some strategies to support us to identify and develop a child's skills and talents, whilst encouraging active involvement.
We will also look at the legislation which underpins education and the role of key professionals.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supporting children and young people to achieve their learning potential. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Theories about how children and young people learn
- 1.2 The differences between learning, learning potential and education
- 1.3 How life experiences and other factors can make it difficult to engage with learning
- 1.4 How circumstances can influence strategies to support learning
- 1.5 Aspects of the physical environment that are known to be conducive to learning
- 2.1 Engage with CYP to identify their interests, skills, talents and aspirations
- 2.2 How interests, skills and talents can help achieve aspirations
- 2.3 Support children to recognise how they can build on their interests, skills and talents
- 2.4 Support CYP to access activities and experiences to engage learning interest
- 2.5 Manage the physical environment in ways that encourage learning
- 3.1 Describe the legislation underpinning children and young people’s access to education
- 3.2 Explain how national policies have influenced access to education and learning opportunities
- 3.3 How key professionals in the education system help CYP to achieve their learning potential
- 3.4 Describe alternatives to formal education and when these might be beneficial
- 4.1 Importance of supporting CYP to recognise the benefits of sustained learning and education
- 4.2 Work with children and young people to set goals and targets for their learning
- 4.3 Work with children and young people to monitor progress towards their learning goals and targets
- 4.4 Support CYP to develop attitudes and behaviours to enhance opportunities and overcome barriers
- 4.5 Support CYP to sustain their engagement in learning and education
- 5.1 Support learning activities with children and young people
- 5.2 Provide children and young people with positive feedback to celebrate achievement
- 5.3 How learning can be applied in other areas of life
- 6.1 Importance of engaging family members in CYP's learning wherever possible
- 6.2 Importance of pro-active and consistent contact between those involved in learning and education
- 6.3 Roles and responsibilities for addressing difficulties that arise with an education placement
- 6.4 Strategies for working with the community to create learning opportunities and experiences
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the context of learning for children and young people in residential childcare
- Be able to engage children and young people in learning
- Understand the education system
- Be able to support children and young people to sustain engagement in learning and education
- Be able to work with children and young people to maximise learning
- Understand how to work with others to support children and young people to maximise outcomes from learning
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection Take me to the course This highly recommended course…