Professional Training for Family Carers
We know what it’s like to care for a loved one. As well as perhaps being mentally and physically demanding, it can also be quite lonely. But the worst part can be not knowing what to do for the best or who to turn to for help.
And you’re not alone...here are some stats to prove it, courtesy of Carers UK:
1 in 8 adults (around 6.5 million people) are carers
- Every day another 6,000 people take on a caring responsibility – that equals over 2 million people each year
- 58% of carers are women and 42% are men
- 1.3 million people provide over 50 hours of care per week
- Over 1 million people care for more than one person
- As of 2019 there could be as many as 8.8 million adult carers in the UK
Carers save the economy £132 billion per year, an average of £19,336 per carer
- 5 million people in the UK are juggling caring responsibilities with work - that is 1 in 7 of the workforce
- However the significant demands of caring mean that 600 people give up work every day to care for an older or disabled relative
- Carer's Allowance is the main carer's benefit and is £66.15 for a minimum of 35 hours. the lowest benefit of its kind
People providing high levels of care are twice as likely to be permanently sick or disabled
- 72% of carers responding to Carers UK's State of Caring 2018 Survey said they had suffered mental ill health as a result of caring
- 61% said they had suffered physical ill health as a result of caring
- 8 in 10 people caring for loved ones say they have felt lonely or socially isolated
We're here to support you...
We’ve been helping professional care workers with their careers for a long time now (14 years) - we know what it takes to ‘prepare to care’. Our high quality courses are engaging, interesting and informative, giving you all the knowledge you need to help your loved one(s). So, why not get the best for you and your family.
Anyone who is responsible for caring for a family member can benefit from the same training as a professional care worker receives whilst working for large care organisations such as Bluebird Care, Age UK or MiHomecare. The same high quality content and assessments are now accessible to all and affordable for all.
And, even if you don’t provide care yourself directly, with our help, you can at least ‘supervise’ the standard of care being delivered by a professional care worker for your family member, thereby providing peace of mind and trust.
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time >
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages >
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care >
- Join thousands of services and local authorities >
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings >
- Established 14 years - we know what works >
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification >